THE ADOPTION PROCESS
PICK OUT YOUR NEW FRIEND
- View our Adoptable Dogs to see what we currently have available.
- If you are interested in meeting a specific dog, please fill out an Adoption Application to start the process.
- Also, we hold adoption events where you can come and meet our available dogs. Look at our Events on the Events page.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
- Once you have identified the dog(s) you are interested in meeting, you must submit an Adoption Application to FLOP.
- Your application will be reviewed and processed within 3-5 days.
- Submitting an Adoption Application does NOT guarantee or commit you to
adoptinga FLOP dog.
- Once an application is approved, you will be contacted to arrange a meet and greet with the dog(s) you are interested in.
ADOPTION FEE: $300.00
What’s included in an adoption fee?
- Medical/ Wellness Exam
- Vaccines: Rabies, Bordetella, and DHPP (distemper, hepatitis, parvo, & parainfluenza)
- HW Test: SNAP 4Dx test (Heartworm, Lyme, Ehrlichia, & Anaplasma)
- Sterilization: Spay or Neuter
- Dental: Cleaning and extraction of teeth, if needed
- Microchip: Inserted between the shoulder blades for identification
- Fecal: Test for parasites and deworm accordingly
If you decide to adopt a dog from FLOP, you will need the following items before you are able to take the dog home
- Name Tag (with your name and phone)